You may be missing some very important elements of Visions of Hope and what we hope to accomplish. God has been very direct and creative in His instructions to us. When you hear an inmate’s life has been changed by an orphan or see the tears of a Ugandan orphan as they describe the special, personal connection with an inmate, you know you have found a miracle. That miracle continues as YOU become part of these stories.
- Orphans and Inmates together? How do you come up with that? Scripture gives us a perfect description of how God views orphans and prisoners.
God in his holy dwelling is a father of the fatherless
and a champion of widows.
God provides homes for those who are deserted.
He leads out the prisoners to prosperity Psalms 68:5-6
Notice the word “prosperity”. If you carefully substitute purpose or accomplishment, a room full of inmates become intrigued by the possibilities.
- Visions of Hope is not part of the Otino Waa organization. We support Otino Waa Children’s Village with inmate participation, but have been a separate non-profit since 2014.
- Visions of Hope has no employees – all volunteers.We promise that 100% of original inmate art sales goes to Otino Waa Children’s Village. We try hard to keep costs down and solely rely on YOU to help continue what God started.
- Inmates have been sponsoring Otino Waa children since 2007. 100% of their $5 sponsorship AND 100% of your matching dollars goes directly to Option Waa.
- Statistics prove something special is happening. Currently, 115 inmates sponsor 125 Otino Waa children from 13 Oregon prisons. Since 2007, over $82K has been sent to Otino Waa by inmates and their matching partners!
- With your help, we assist with art supplies.If art is produced, we support their efforts with quality art supplies. All six prison locations produce art in some manner, including fabric, wood, jewelry and metal.
- Visions of Hope presentations to inmates includes spiritual encouragement. We visit all sites quarterly. Besides the usual reporting of current events in Uganda and the US, we use scripture, video, themes and books to be creative in the ways we present biblical truths.
Would YOU help us? Obviously God is in control and we trust in His provision and direction, but He wants to use YOU to join in the process. How about some easy options to make powerful changes in your own life AND others?
Browse our new store layout. You can easily purchase art directly from there and know your action enhances Otino Waa life and encourages the inmate artist to do more.
Match those inmate sponsorships. You should see the look on the faces of those you are partnering with! Priceless.
Donate towards art supplies or art enhancement. Since 100% of the art sales go to Otino Waa, we rely on your generosity to meet this need.
A great way to find purpose is to lose yourself in the service of others. Can we do this together?